What’s your favorite cross in your flock?

Annabee093

In the Brooder
Jul 2, 2020
I’m curious what everyone’s favorite crosses are currently I have two young roosters a buff Orpington and a Whiting true blue. For hens I have buff Cochins, black australorp, sl Wyandotte, whiting true blues, Rhode Island reds, blue laced Wyandotte and EAster Eggers. I have never incubated eggs before but recently was given one for my birthday so I’m going to experiment.
roosters pictured below. 5B1232D9-BA81-43EA-AE92-408CBEB18C84.jpeg

I really like my black ameraucana x cuckoo maran cockerel. I don’t have any colorful mixed breeds. View attachment 2495658
Omg I love this one!!!! I don’t know anything about genetics and traits so will have to do some research to see what I can get with what I have. I love my EEs and my whiting true blues because the different colors (my roo being my favorite variety)

Omg I love this one!!!! I don’t know anything about genetics and traits so will have to do some research to see what I can get with what I have. I love my EEs and my whiting true blues because the different colors (my roo being my favorite variety)
Thank you!
Easter eggers genetics are random, you could get pretty much anything with Easter eggers and I’m not sure about whiting true blues genetics but I’d assume they are like EEs.

From what I was told I believe so. Mixed with leghorn. I love them so far but they are a little town flighty and skittish but that’s okay. They have adapted well.

I’m curious what everyone’s favorite crosses are currently I have two young roosters a buff Orpington and a Whiting true blue. For hens I have buff Cochins, black australorp, sl Wyandotte, whiting true blues, Rhode Island reds, blue laced Wyandotte and EAster Eggers. I have never incubated eggs before but recently was given one for my birthday so I’m going to experiment.
roosters pictured below. View attachment 2495637
My favorite cross has been my Colucmian Wyandotte Light Light Brahma mix rooster over my Welsummer hens. Made the perfect chicks that are feather sexed and have some beautiful colors on them. Roosters don't full feather till 7-8 weeks, hens are fully feathered at 6. They're big birds

Back
Top Bottom