What a blast!

This is my very first flock and my first two chickens were a Buff Orpington and a Rhode Island Red. I am in Wyoming so cold tolerant breeds are important. I wanted a mixed flock. Next I added a golden comet and finally Dominic. Then, the first (and likely not the last) unexpected chicken an adopted, homeless girl and I’m not sure what breed she is.
They are close to laying age but now cold weather approaches. I am not decided about lights in the coop to try to get winter eggs.
I love watching their interactions with each other , me , and the three dogs we have. The largest is a 125# Labrador. Their different personalities are neat too. I have had Indoor birds but this is my first experience with poultry. It’s very different.
i
I found this site through a neighbor. It is the best. I planned my coop around one that I found on the site. I am looking forward to learning lots more.
After 35 years of a hard “no” fro the spouse it is a delight to show him that all coops and runs are not the nasty things his dad had. He loves the girls too😊
Pickle. View attachment 2343432View attachment 2343434View attachment 2343435View attachment 2343436View attachment 2343437View attachment 2343438View attachment 2343439View attachment 2343440View attachment 2343441View attachment 2343442
Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom