What a day it's been!

jonezjollyfarm

Songster
Apr 19, 2015
Illinois
Started my day with a new routine. Put new lights in the coop so we can give supplemental lighting a try. Went out and turned them on, said my good mornings and went back to the house for some much needed coffee. Had my coffee and watched the news till the sun started to peek out. Went to make cupcake her breakfast (shes a scissor beak and cant eat the dry feed) and another cup of coffee. Turned on the Keurig and the tea kettle. It's cold and wet out and I thought she would appreciate a luke warm breakfast. Put my coffee cup (a clear glass mug) and her bowl (a clear plastic dish) on the counter and got the feed container. Poured the chicken feed right into my coffee mug :gig. Had a good laugh about that. Then still giggling about that I poured the coffee grounds in her bowl instead of the reusable kcup:he. Ok it's going to be that day. Finished her breakfast went out to give her the food and hang the feeders. Was confused that the automatic door wasn't open yet. Went in coop to see what was up and it just didn't open:idunno. So I overrode it and let them out and reset the time to see if it would open on it's own. All the while a young pullet is standing on the roost nest to it one eye fixated on the screen like shes learning how to work the door. I swear if that door magically opens on its own I'll know who's behind it. Anyway thought those were some funny little quirks in my day that ya'll would get a chuckle out of. Can't wait to see what the rest of the day has in store.

Similar morning for me but I dodged a bullet...sitting here on the puter, 9Volt is perched in front of me, facing away so he can watch tv (LOL), so his butt is kinda overhanging the puter desk. Usually he's on either end, but he's right by me (probably nervous about the thunderstorm) and normally I put my coffee right under where he's sitting. A few minutes ago, I sat down and scooted my cup over there.....I thought about it for a second, glared at him, then moved my cup to my left. No sooner had I done it--**squish**. Wow... LOL First of all, that was close. Second of all, EEW, 9Volt, what you been eating?? :lol:

Similar morning for me but I dodged a bullet...sitting here on the puter, 9Volt is perched in front of me, facing away so he can watch tv (LOL), so his butt is kinda overhanging the puter desk. Usually he's on either end, but he's right by me (probably nervous about the thunderstorm) and normally I put my coffee right under where he's sitting. A few minutes ago, I sat down and scooted my cup over there.....I thought about it for a second, glared at him, then moved my cup to my left. No sooner had I done it--**squish**. Wow... LOL First of all, that was close. Second of all, EEW, 9Volt, what you been eating?? :lol:
Omg!that's funny! No diaper in the house?

:caf:lau

Back
Top Bottom