What a difference

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bayouchica, Oct 20, 2010.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    it makes when you finally get some rain after it's been forever,lol. The air is so fresh,so beautiful out today.

Chickens are scratching all over the place, finding all kinds of goodies. [​IMG]

It's been since July/August since we have had a good rain/thunder storm, hope we get more,lots more, soon [​IMG]

Hope everyone has a good day, must go out & plant some turnip & mustard greens

Miriam [​IMG]

2. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    We need rain here. It hasn't rained in weeks.

3. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

No rain here either, but I'm glad of it.

This time of year is already horrible for allergies... rain just heightens it.

4. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    We needed rain here too BADLY. Fortunately we've gotten a little this week, hope we get more! [​IMG]

5. chickenguru

chickenguru Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Kentwood La.
    Quote:The rain here in SE Louisiana was good this am although the lightening was
    terrible.
    At least it all ended in time for the fair and parade to get started today and kept
    things cooler for the most part.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We had the mother of all storms here last night. The sky looked like God turned on His strobe lights for 2 hours. Incredible amount of lightening and thunder and some really epic downpours. And this morning smelled so CLEAN. That storm was the talk of the town around here. I personally have never witnessed anything like it before in my life. The lightning was all around me. 360 degrees around me.

7. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Yall are right, the lightning was wicked, we had a few close calls.Heck of a way to wake up,lol.

Our forecast is looking pretty good,more rain this weekend [​IMG]

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:Send us some rain please!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by