What a good dog!

Awh, good doggy!

I was surprised with both my dogs regarding the chickens: pleasantly surprised by how gentle and protective my Dobie is, and absolutely shocked at how HORRIBLE my husky is with them!

That's so awesome! Mine's a dobe and she guards our chickens as well. Haven't had a problem with predators yet
fl.gif

Such a good dog!
big_smile.png

We don't have chickens yet, but we do have a year-old Boxer. He's very gentle with our (human) boys and the cat, but I'm wondering if he might just be too playful for chickens! He'll have some more time to grow up before chickens come along. I hope that when the time comes I'll be as pleasantly surprised as you were!

What a good doggie! Ours never bothers ours, but he doesn't really look out for them either. Our neighbors have 2 dogs that keep their chickens safe. Their chickens are free-range 24 hrs/day and nothing has bothered them until recently when our fox population seems to have jumped, but they caught 2 of those too.

Quote:
No kidding. My GSD has already dined on baby rabbit this year. I can only imagine what he'd do if he had unfettered access to the birds. As it is he paces around the coop to watch them.

Back
Top Bottom