What a pleasant surprise!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by kbarrett, Jan 27, 2010.

1. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    DS had his tonsils & adnoids removed last Thursday. The surgery went great but we had a very long wait....we were there @ 10:30am and within 1/2 hr he was checked in and gowned up waiting, his procedure was scheduled for noon. By 1:30 DH was irritated, by 2:30 DS was crying for a drink of water, he'd had nothing to eat or drink since midnight. Turns out the doctors' previous patient had complications, he arrived at 4pm and was VERY apologetic. He called on friday to check on my son...I was very pleased with that, he called himself when a nurse could have easily asked follow up questions. Now today in the mail we received a get well card on which the doctor wrote a lengthy note apologizing again for the circumstances and included was a $50 Toys R Us card for my son [​IMG] I was blown away!

2. A1 Steak Sauce

A1 Steak Sauce Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    My House
    Wow, that's nice.

3. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Wow! Post that in the local newspaper and maybe more will follow suit. [​IMG]

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:now thats a doctor who still cares! hope your son is up and feeling better too:)

5. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    If ALL doctors were that good i might not gripe so much about the cost of medical care! Good for your DS!!

6. Melissakins

Melissakins Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    South Alabama
    That is so nice!!!!

7. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    all i get is a long wait in the waiting room... [​IMG]

8. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    how sweet... the doctor who removed my tonsils when I was a kid also removed my daughters tonsils...sadly a couple of months later he was killed in a plane crash in florida...I loved that doctor he was awesome

9. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    That is great, it shows there are some that actually dont see patients as just another body to diagnose.

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ken cardiologist calls Ken himself all the time, and he calls me too to make sure Ken is telling the truth. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by