What a score today!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ChicksinFL, Oct 2, 2011.

1. ChicksinFL

ChicksinFL Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    On my husbands way home from work he saw in a driveway a pen with a for sale sign on it. Turns out it's a metal pipe pen that has 1/2 inch hardware cloth attached and it's 5ftx12ft! He got it for 50 dollars!!! The pipe is welded together and it even has a door on it! I'm so shocked hubby stopped and looked at it on his own guess he wasn't really in the mood to make a "playpen" for the babies today. The est hubby had put together for the playpen was going to be just over 100 dollars and even with the cost of some chicken wire and a tarp we won't get near that.

Will post pic's when it's done being covered with chicken wire and a tarp and an apron added.

2. ChestnutRidge

ChestnutRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Western Virginia
    Excellent luck! [​IMG] It's great when just the thing you need appears like that.

3. ChicksinFL

ChicksinFL Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    Told hubby it was the best anniversary gift he could give me.. yesterday was our anniversary! LOL!!

Just so everyone who reads knows I have no intention of leaving the babies in it over nite or when we aren't home. It's placed right by my front deck, next to my front windows of the house. I'm pretty sure they will be safe during the day but wouldn't dare leave them over nite without making it much more secure or adding a coop to lock them into.

4. beach livin'

beach livin' Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2011
    Manteo
    Awesome!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by