what about greens?

I give mine their feed first, in the morning....let them eat all of it. Then later, they either get to go and free range for a while...or I take them a treat. Fruit, salad trimmings, meat scraps, good chicken treats. Then, they forage till I feed them fermented feed for supper. They slurp all of that up off of the ground..then put themselves to bed. All I am left needing to do it gather eggs and lock them up.
D.gif

Is it ok to feed my mature chickens the greens off the radishes in my garden? The green stem off strawberries? Other garden plant tops we don't eat? Hoping to inspire them to lay again.

I read somewhere that rabbits need to chew on hay as it gives them fiber to keep their GI tract moving properly. I'm a noob to rabbits as well as to chickens,I've had my rabbits maybe 4 months now. i feed them everythign and anything. I live in the Forest so theres all kinds of wild stuff going right now. my bunnies and chickens both LOVE fresh new growth wild grape vines/leaves. i mean love them lol. i have feed my chickens kale, grape leaves, collard greens, dog food, lizards crickets. earth worms. i rake up leaves and thro a big pile in there and they go crazy digging thru there eating bugs etc...

as for both rabbits and chickens i go with what someone else said, if they are out freeranging and find a citrus they probably gonna eat it lol.

so as for the rabbits i always keep food (pellets) in their feeders, i throw some coastal hay in about every 3 days for them. and usually give them some type of green daily.

have been giveing my chickens greens on a daily basis too

Back
Top Bottom