What about this hen/roo cross…

Probably birds that have a smaller crest than their mother, a comb that resembles a single comb that's been split, especially at the back, and pinkish or white shanks. Their plumage most likely will resemble the Buff Laced pattern, but have messier lacing, possibly have black flecks in it, and have barring from the Legbar. I believe the cream dilution gene that Legbars have expresses a little bit when heterozygous as well, so they might be a paler buff color than the mother as well. Pullets from the cross should lay pale blue eggs and cockerels should carry a blue egg gene. Sounds like a pretty interesting cross! :D

Probably birds that have a smaller crest than their mother, a comb that resembles a single comb that's been split, especially at the back, and pinkish or white shanks. Their plumage most likely will resemble the Buff Laced pattern, but have messier lacing, possibly have black flecks in it, and have barring from the Legbar. I believe the cream dilution gene that Legbars have expresses a little bit when heterozygous as well, so they might be a paler buff color than the mother as well. Pullets from the cross should lay pale blue eggs and cockerels should carry a blue egg gene. Sounds like a pretty interesting cross! :D
Thanks so much for the detailed information! I really appreciate it. I have a few spots open in my incubator on my next go round so I was considering these eggs. I think I may try. I thought it’d make an interesting mix as well.
Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom