What age can ducks live outside in a coop?

Crump1985

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 11, 2013
I was going to see it anyone knew what age is recommended for ducklings to live outside. Mine are about 2 and 1/2 weeks old. They are out growing the rabbit cage fast! I do let them go outside and play in a kennel. I have a female duck already on the farm. I just didnt know what age would be best to let them go live with her. They are to the point they rather just be outside and not in the house...thanks

I think 3 weeks is the best age... you can already put them in a coop from that age if you want... just make sure it's not too cold out there...

I was going to see it anyone knew what age is recommended for ducklings to live outside. Mine are about 2 and 1/2 weeks old. They are out growing the rabbit cage fast! I do let them go outside and play in a kennel. I have a female duck already on the farm. I just didnt know what age would be best to let them go live with her. They are to the point they rather just be outside and not in the house...thanks
If it's warm at night above 70 they maybe fine as long as they are protected from rain and wind. But putting them with an adult duck needs to be done slowly so that they can get use to her and especially her get use to them. Ducklings can chill very quickly in cool damp conditions.

Back
Top Bottom