WHAT AGE COULD THEY FLY

yea but i like to see them and i like to see jungle fowl flying to see how far they can fly with my own eyes

Well, go ahead and get some. But, it's not going to be easy to see how far they can truly fly. They're land animals technically, so though they can fly, they aren't prone to it unless frightened and then it is just a mechanism to avoid predators so it won't typically be very far.

You might could contact Centrarcid on this forum and speak with him, I recall him mentioning testing games to see how far they could fly and he kept a record of it to my knowledge. He's also got junglefowl from Ideal.

God bless,
Daniel.

umm no thanks but i think will get some and how wild are they
I think you will find the answer to how wild they are in my previous posts
smile.png

God bless,
Daniel.

i mean like can u even catch them with your hand or with a chase

As I described previously, you can't get within 10-20 of them even after you have bred in 15/16th domestic blood, meaning they should have been tamer than the junglefowl. If by some way you do catch them, you're going to deal with a bird that is steadily screaming and flapping its wings trying to get away at any chance it gets. At least that is my experience with them, junglefowl can actually be even worse than I described especially if you find the real ones.

Try googling "Feathersite", and "Ultimate Fowl Poultry Wikipedia".. It might do some good to research every breed individually. Once exhausting those resources, head to google itself and search for anything you can find on the breeds you're interested in.. Like, if you google Red Junglefowl, or even search for them on youtube, you'll see videos of how flighty, crazy, or wild they are; whichever term you choose to use. It can also be useful for other breeds in determining which you want to spend your money on.

God bless,
Daniel.

Last edited:
what about in the winter will they be fine or will need alot of care and are red jungle fowl loud
Junglefowl handle temps well, I doubt they will need any supplemental heat. They have small single/medium sized combs too (at least the ones I had) so unlikely they will get frostbite as often as say- a Leghorn. In terms of loudness, they are about the same as any other chicken.

God bless,
Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom