What all do baby rabbits need

What? Rabbits aren't social? They don't do well living together?
These are mostly unrelated and different ages.
20170625_053813.jpg
20170628_191557 (1).jpg
20170623_112510-2.jpg
20170624_185705-2.jpg

The Moonshiner, are we to assume that these are your own rabbits and you have had them together for a long period of time and you never have had a problem with aggression?

Because what I am not seeing is a lot of droppings in these pictures. My rabbits poop as they eat, so if they actually were all there together eating the hay, I think I would see more bunny berries around with that many rabbits, even if you have just cleaned the area, there would even be some on top of the bale.

I am not doubting that anyone can put a bunch of rabbits together, especially juniors which looks like the majority in the pictures are, and they will not go into a biting frenzy immediately, but that it can and too often does happen that there is aggression.

I don't doubt the photos. I've heard of successful colonies and actually think they're quite interesting. I just believe that such peaceful relations between so many rabbits is an exception rather than the norm, and that it can be both risky and difficult to achieve.

The Moonshiner, are we to assume that these are your own rabbits and you have had them together for a long period of time and you never have had a problem with aggression?

Because what I am not seeing is a lot of droppings in these pictures. My rabbits poop as they eat, so if they actually were all there together eating the hay, I think I would see more bunny berries around with that many rabbits, even if you have just cleaned the area, there would even be some on top of the bale.

I am not doubting that anyone can put a bunch of rabbits together, especially juniors which looks like the majority in the pictures are, and they will not go into a biting frenzy immediately, but that it can and too often does happen that there is aggression.
Lol. I understand your skepticism and I probably would of called me a liar for thirty years myself. I now know better.
These are pics from last year. Pulled from posts of mine in other rabbit threads. They are not staged or thrown together for a photo op. They are my rabbits. I've had a few different groups but that group lived together for at least a year maybe closer to two years. I did lose a couple and added a few over the time. Some also had babies and a few stayed but most babies moved on when they were still small and cute.
There were spats at times and I did remove a couple does that got causing issues. There were some hair flying every once in a while and I did end up with one losing the tip of his ear.
No one killed anyone and males did not run around castrating each other.
They were a lot of different aged rabbits there some 3 or 4 years old. I'll tell you the one thing that is a must to even consider it working is space. Rabbits are kinda like roosters. With plenty of space things can go smoother. If you crowd them it will absolutely not work.
Anyways this was just one of my groups and if you think it can't work ask me about my outsiders group. They live free range.
There all a couple other threads on here were I talk about what I was doing at the time.

Back
Top Bottom