What am I? (breed)

Helen29

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 30, 2011
Rochford
When I bought this chick I was told it was 8 weeks which would now put it at 13 weeks. Due to the size I think it is more like 8 weeks now. Can any one tell me what it is? I did think Maran but it's started to grow a tuft on it's head.

This pic was taken 2 weeks ago:

93971_dscf1990.jpg

and these pics were taken today:

93971_blossom.jpg

93971_bblossom1.jpg

You can see the tuft has grown, any ideas?

Thanks for that, I think he/she's going to be a large bird as it's the same size as my light sussex that I bought at the same time. It's quite fat, my polish are quite slim and long, would it not be smaller if it had polish in it? Also the colour how would you describe it light grey or blue? I'll post some more pics as it gets older.

Just been on google and can't find anything for Polish/Andalusian cross, no images for any birds crossed with a polish. Maybe I'm not putting the right key words in. If I put in blue maran or andalusian the images are very similar minus the tuft. Could it be a flaw or mutation? I'm really puzzled.

Helen29,
Are you in the U.K. Rochford, as in the Rochford district of Essex?

If so you could have a Araucana.

Before someone here in the U.S. says Araucana don't have a Crest, Tail and should have Ear Tufts and all that good stuff. I know that and the U.K. has a different standard then us in the U.S.
wink.png

http://www.araucana.org.uk/photos.html

Chris

That is exactly where I live!! I think you have hit the nail on the head, that first pick on the link looks just like my chick (or what I can imagine it would grow into). Thanks so much for your help, I'll post a pic when it's fully grow. Thanks again everyone for your help!

Back
Top Bottom