What am I? Del's said wyandotte when chicks...

konasteve

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 30, 2013
Hi All,

I'm new to chickens and would really appreciate some help identifying this pullet ( I hope it's a girl ). She's right around 7-8 weeks here. I got her from Del's in their assorted wyandotte pen. She has a pea comb, black feet, and some of those iridescent blue/black feathers. Any ideas would help.

Thanks!!

Are they black Wyandottes? They should have a rose comb. I don't like the redish wattles on the one with its head up in the first picture and the one in the back in the second picture, but I can't tell you that its a roo for sure.

RoostersCrow,

Both photos are of the same bird. I didn't know that there was a black variety of wyandotte. None of the internet searches I did mentioned black wyandottes.

Habibs,

thanks, I'll look up sumatras and compare.

I found info on black wyandottes, but they are supposed to have yellow feet...My 2 girls have black feet. Other than that, they seem to fit the description for black wyandottes. Maybe I have to wait and see what they look like as adults.

Oh, another mistake I made was saying that they had pea combs. They have rose combs. The pullet in the foreground of the first photo is an australorp.

Back
Top Bottom