1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What am I? EE? Mutt?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rcentner, Dec 6, 2009.

1. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    Any ideas? I got her at a poultry show cause she was cute, but now I wish I asked what breed she is. No eggs yet, I guess she is about 5 months old. She has a single comb just like my RSL's, but smaller. 4 toes, grey legs/feet. Nice demeanor, standard size chicken.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  2. smarsh2

smarsh2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    not that i don't believe you, but that looks like a pea comb to me. she sure looks EE in every respect but the lack of a beard. you should expect eggs anytime.

3. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    Quote:The comb seems to get bigger every week. Has 6 points on it, like the RSL's, but it's 1/4 the size and just started turning red.

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I would say EE - She looks young, and the rest seems to fit. My EE didn't get a fully developed pea comb until a couple months ago. Now it's nice and plump [​IMG]

5. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Ee

6. chris_m90731

chris_m90731 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    could possibly be a partridge mixed with an EE

7. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    For those of you who say EE - why EE?

She has a clean face (no muffs/beard) and doesn't have green legs. She has wattles and a single/straight comb. It's a very pretty hen and I don't know what she is, but I also see no reason to suspect EE.

8. lemurchaser

lemurchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Corvallis, OR
    She looks a lot like my welsummer, who is lighter colored than usual. You'll know if she lays beautiful terra cotta colored eggs that she's that.

9. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:Well- that could be what she was crossed with- (the legs are the wrong color) so she might be an olive egger. I have an EE that doesn't have a beard. Pretty- love the wheaten/pheasant/partridge colored birds!

10. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I say EE because her legs are the wrong color for Welsummer, ( infact they fit the color for an EE ) her "partridge" color is common for an EE (mine is about that color) and a lot of EE's don't have beards. From the looks of it, she already has a pea comb developing, and her eyes and overall face have the same shape as EE's. My white EE pullets used to look like this - They had no beard or muffs, so their head was small looking, and their body a little more thin like this. EE's have several leg colorings, several colors - Yeah, it could be a cross, perhaps even a Welsummer cross - I guess the most definite way to tell is when she lays you an egg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by