What am I going to do???!!!

HenMamma

Songster
11 Years
May 10, 2008
Emmet TWP, MI
DH is seriously not happy now...

Our silkie hatched out 6 on the 21st (first hatch for us both)
big_smile.png

I filled the bator with 39 eggs on friday
celebrate.gif

I noticed I wasn't seeing our seabright as much lately, I went to investigate last night and found 9 eggs in a nest under the coop!
ya.gif

I went out this morning and found my white rock sitting on a nest full of eggs, I noticed she hadn't laid in a while, I figured she was going into molt... She was laying them in the corner behind the can I keep their food in. Sneeky chicken!!!
clap.gif

When I went to collect eggs this morning my EE followed me and jumped in the nest before I could take her egg. She proceeded to peck me until I gave up.
idunno.gif

So in the next couple of weeks I am going to be totally over run with fuzziebutts!!
wee.gif
love.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
WOW!!!
My girls have been very broodie and I've been watching them closely to see where they are "sitting" I' have not found anything like the "mother load" you are talking about!!
ENJOY!!!!!

I know your feelings. Last week I just had three broodies hatch out a total of 25 eggs within 6 days. I also have a broody sitting on about 9 eggs, due to hatch on the 13th. I feel very over whelmed. I only had 20 chickens 2 weeks ago. Hopefully alot of the chicks are roosters, so I will not have to make a choice of which ones to keep. We also have friends that want chickens. So as of now we have alot of chicks.

But lots of chicks are good! Lots of hatching eggs and broody hens are a good sign of happy healthy successful chickens! LOL... you can worry about what to do with them all at a later date. Enjoy the moment for now.

lol

When I want to collect eggs from under mad broody hens, I shove them up against the nest wall with a plastic dustpan and then get their eggs. They can get real mad can't they?
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom