what am I? i know there mutts but what Sex?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NightCode, Oct 21, 2010.

1. NightCode

NightCode Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2010
    these first four pics are of brownie and my rooster i hope its a test to see if i feather sexed them right. let me know what you think

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i need to know what this is: its a bantam partridge cochin (is it a hen or roo)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now my muts (any idea what they are hens or roos) please only point out roos... Thanks
    give pic number and refrence bird by color and what number it is in the photo from the left

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NightCode

Sep 6, 2010
    anyone have anything

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Partridge boy is a roo. Partridge girls will keep the black/red patterning, the boys will, as yours is, get rid of it over time and go solid red and black.

The barred mutt is a boy. You don't need anything special to sex them other than the white spot on the head - If it's huge or goes back to the neck, it's a boy. Also if the mother was barred, father wasn't - It's a definite boy.

4. NightCode

Sep 6, 2010
    the partridge has always been that color and doesn't seem to be getting darker. she/she is 3 months. Anyone have a clue

5. lothefarmer

lothefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    CA
    partridge looks like a roo to me, also. i have a partridge cochin and her colors never looked anything like that, as she grew up. she's 7 months old now.
    and at 3 months, the comb/wattles are very large and very dark red. it also looks like his hackle feathers are pointed, to me.
    sorry ):

6. NightCode

Sep 6, 2010
    well what are the chances. I have a milli flure rooster who raped it and it's half the age of the rooster. Is that normal or will a rooster hump another roster.

7. NightCode

Sep 6, 2010
    let me clearify. The milli is 2 times older then the partridge. Is it normal for the milli to hump/rape another rooster. If that is what the partridge is.

8. NightCode

Sep 6, 2010
    anybody

9. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Well, they're LITTLE, that's what I can tell. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by