What am I seeing?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ElioraImmanuel, Jan 13, 2014.

1. ElioraImmanuel

ElioraImmanuel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    I'm teaching a Zoology class on flying creatures of the fifth day. Tomorrow's class is on Mating and Eggs. So, of course, I'm taking my eggs in to candle. Well, I was testing my candling flashlight what do I see, but a bunch of tiny bubbles floating around in the egg. In the my, nearly, four years of raising chickens I've never seen this before.

I want to be able to explain this to the kids. So, Help? This is a really huge eggs: 3 inches long, 4.25" circumference.

2. 24chickenhome

24chickenhome New Egg

Jan 12, 2014
    If u candle the egg after 7 days and see a dot in it that is ok that is the chicks eye. But if they're are a lot like more than 3 dots in it I do not know.

3. rayray983

rayray983 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2013
    cushman arkansas
    First off how old is the eggs the bubble you see in could be the co2 and sulfur of a dead embryo aka the start of a stinker I'm no scientist but sounds good to me :p

4. rayray983

rayray983 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2013
    cushman arkansas
    I see 5th day I only know about bubbles because my grand dad used to tell us when I was younger that the bubbles early on in the egg means it will be a rotten egg and he would have us fed em to the pigs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by