Apr 19, 2010
Bar Harbor, Maine
Part of the ornametal layers from MM . . . they are about 10 weeks old

54800_img_0321.jpg

54800_img_0320.jpg

54800_img_0319.jpg

thanks for the help,
Mike

The slate-colored legs and what looks like a pea comb (hard to make out) make me think it's an Easter Egger. I have one that looks very much like her that came from Privett. I always though mine sort of looked like a cross b/t an Ameracuana and brown leghorn.

Last edited:
she looks exactly like our golden penciled hamburg, whose comb has like a little unicorn point on it. I don't know how to post pics, but here is a video of her

although I admit our hamburg looks a lot like a small campine and she has white earlobes, blue legs, and shes from the MM ornamental layer collection

Wow thanks

Whats the difference between the Golden Campine and the Hamburg? To my uneducated eye they do look very similar. Just curious.

Thanks,
Mike

Well, I know the Campine has a standard comb, which is the usual pointed stand up comb you are probably used to seeing. The Hamburg will have a rosecomb with a little unicorn tip on it. Have you found the breeds chicken index? From BYC homepage there is an extensive breeds and sub-breeds index that users have produced with pics and info. Although keep posting here too, cuz I think we all love playing the ID game
smile.png

~ Kim (ZepChick on my daughter MikasGirl acct)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom