What an odd rooster you have there

Lovem all

Songster
Jul 29, 2020
I begged and begged for my mom to let us get lavender orpingtons in our shared flock, finally they came! Well of course I decided to hold off on naming until they were a bit older.. except for one. So kind and loving, sweet, loves to cuddle. Well of course Silver ended up being a boy because thats just my luck.
Flash forward to the worlds strangest roo. (now named) Zeppelin is my baby. He loves to be craddled like a baby. He used to peak at my feet if I was giving the girls more love. When he started crowing he would wait until he would see me and then start. Of course I would praise his voice and he'd run over, stand next to me, and crow as I fed him cmpliments. Once my mom didn't want him on the patio so I held him like a baby. Well jokingly my mom went after us with a broom. Unfazed her just started at her, even when she pet his face with it LOL. He likes belly rubs and will sit on my lap all day long if I let him. He gives me hugs and talks to me. He plays with my hoodie strings and loves to protect our youngest goat. He even jumps onto my should and will stay there like the odd parrot he is. He's litterly stayed on my shoulder for over half a mile. And if he's sad i'm leaving him he will jump onto my shoulder. He's my odd little roo and I love his weird little self.

Awww! It sounds like you have a really special connection with him! He seems like a very sweet boy. I have a very sweet and fluffy rooster named Uriah but he does not like snuggles at all. My previous rooster Napoleon (who was a surprise boy in a batch of ladies) and I had a strange relationship. I was scared of him for about a year until I finally decided I was going to take charge. Then we got along a bit better. Sorta. He still needed reminders occasionally :lol: but a true gentleman with the ladies

Yeah he's great with me... but a real jack a** to my girls. He lives in the garden with one of his brothers. Oh well, more cuddle time for me

Yeah he's great with me... but a real jack a** to my girls. He lives in the garden with one of his brothers. Oh well, more cuddle time for me
Oh no! Could be that he’s young, young cockerels are kind of naughty. I can’t ever remember Napoleon going through that phase. Maybe since I was so naive about chickens I didn’t notice :lol: but he would never take treats, he always gave them to the girls. He attacked hawks, humans, dogs (despite the latter two never having any bad intentions toward his ladies :rolleyes:), work gloves, crocs, and any shoes but my brown boots.

Him and his big bro (a barred rock) just have a fasination with going after our two ten year olds who can't even lay anymore. Plus His bro likes to make them all bald, and they both have hurt girls. So basically they have to cool their jets. Zeppers twin is a good boy though. At least the boys don't fight. Knock on wood

Him and his big bro (a barred rock) just have a fasination with going after our two ten year olds who can't even lay anymore. Plus His bro likes to make them all bald, and they both have hurt girls. So basically they have to cool their jets. Zeppers twin is a good boy though. At least the boys don't fight. Knock on wood
Aw :/ maybe they will mature. Maybe they won’t. Boys :rolleyes:

Haha :lol: roosters raised together usually don’t fight (in my experience they don’t), and especially if they are not in a flock of hens, what’s there to fight about?

So how old is he exactly? I had a sweet and cuddly boy chick too. Then when hormones went full swing around week 20ish, he started flogging me. I will never, ever again give any attention to the males. Just warning you to be careful, they don't all turn out to be sweet.

He was born in may and we did have a weekish where he was a but and bite me a few times but we surpassed that

He also has some pretty bad anxiety. Like if he was a person or even a dog I'd have to get him help. It really happens when he's away from his big bro or something diffrent happens. He has a few freak out eppisodes over small things.

LMBO I just remebered one time I was carring him to the bed coop and one of our ducks was flying around and he hated it. I kept letting him know it's okay blah blah blah but he was so upset. I had forgot something and had to head back to the garden while I had him in my arms. Well the big baby was screaming about the duck and I'm trying to make him feel better.... the darn duck lands right in front of us. He screamed and then leaned into me, trying to hide his face and shaking. My poor baby. I laughed so hard I cried.

Back
Top Bottom