What animal could this be???

We have put out the have-a-heart trap.... My hubby thinks this may also be the culprit for the disappearing cat food.... Now... We just have to keep the cats out of the trap....

Caught one!

You can bet your bottom dollar there is more than one coon coming. They travel in packs and if anyone says different it's only because they didn't see the other coons sneaking around. While I love animals to the moon and back I must say this, shoot the darn coons. I can't tell you how many I've shot off my patio. They are brave pests too. Several of them I've shot at point blank because they didn't take the opportunity to run off. Coons are very smart and figure things out easily. I had a coon open up the door to run, take apart my feeder and steal the top half! It had a shiny silver handle and coons just loooove shiny things....

What are you doing with them? Relocating is not advised and in some places may not be allowed. The other two schools of thought are to dispatch all predators or fortify your coop to live with them. I am 3 months into the second method. So far, so good.

Back
Top Bottom