What animal dropped this?

Love the "larger than a quarterhorse"
lau.gif
Pretty sure that is not horse poop unless the horse is really sick. My horses poop "road apples" not cow flops. I would actually guess a bear.

I've from a bit north of the OP, right in the middle of the state. I'd have to say that I really can't believe that is bear dung. First, bears aren't really moving about too much right now. They're denned up waiting for spring (for the most part). Second, that would be an enormous pile for the black bears here in PA (thew hole pile would be closer to the size of the $ bill usually). Third, it appears to be composed mostly of graze items like grass or hay. This time of year, there really isn't much of that kind of browse around. That's why the deer and other grazers are eating bark and digging up roots this time of year. If a bear were active, I would think it much more likely that it would be feeding on higher protein foods like road kill and winter-kill carcasses. With fall/winter hunting seasons in full swing, there would be fairly plentiful gut piles and other "unclaimed" carcasses about as well. Those would be much more beneficial to a bear at this time of year. I think a large ruminant on frozen ground is a bit more plausible IMHO.

Bigger than a quarter horse...that's funny. I wonder if you could break even on a $ horse though.

Last edited:
Quote:
I agree with you on this. Doesn't look like poop at all. Just some mud and straw.

That's my two cents... uhhhmmm ... keep the change.
sickbyc.gif

Love the posts! Very funny, never thought much of the dollar bill for size reference,but you all ran with it. So not a horse or a bear. Not mud slung from the road.(No roads close by.) But that did make me think. And I finally figured it out. It is the remains of the rumen stomach from a goat that I butchered just the other day. I take the entrails or guts out to the woods where they are usually eaten by wild animals within a day or so and a animal must have tore the rumen open and left what you see in the picture. That explains the texture and the undigested hay. Sorry for the confusion but it sure made for alot of funny posts!

Looks like horse dung to tell the truth. if the ground was frozen they most certainly wouldn't have left any footprints and by the size of the poo he either pooed before that or is a smaller sized horse, probably a pony. I've seen our quarter horses poop and its huge. Infact.. Ive even stepped in it once or twice.
ep.gif

This is obviously what happened: When the UFO picked up the cow with the laser beam to perform genetic testing that will ultimately lead to human-alien hybrids the cow got scared and pooped on its way up into the ship and the aliens left that dollar as payment. Seen it a hundred times....

spelling error

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom