1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what are guineas good for?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by penut1799, Sep 5, 2011.

1. penut1799

penut1799 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2010
    North Fort Myers, FL
    Hi! i was just wondering what guineas are good for?

2. Balefire

Balefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
    Guinea are tic controller and the meat ist tasty, so the eggs. They are good watchdogs and their feathern are so georges with all the the polka dots. And they are clowns so much fun to watch them

3. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    Balefire covered it. They are very entertaining. Nothing like chickens at all!

4. GuineaLady93

GuineaLady93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Cameron, NC
    My Coop
    Guineas are Great for controlling ticks, ants, and all kinds of bugs and even snakes too. I heard one person say the their guineas killed a 5 foot long snake. They are also great watch dogs and bark at anything that comes into your yard. I also breed them and sell them for some extra money.

5. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    All of the above, plus they are good for makin' these:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. BAMACK2

BAMACK2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Spring Lake NC
    and good for getting addictive to one guineas = more guineas and more Guineas = an incubator or two which = more and more guineas and than you are hooked like DRUGS [​IMG]

7. Balefire

Balefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
    Quote:pssssssssssssttttttttttttttt not so loud or guineas become illegal drugs and Peeps would be then a drug dealer lol [​IMG][​IMG]

8. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    Quote:pssssssssssssttttttttttttttt not so loud or guineas become illegal drugs and Peeps would be then a drug dealer lol [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. BAMACK2

BAMACK2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Spring Lake NC
    [​IMG]

10. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] That made me put my dinner down to type. OMG. That is hilarious.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by