What are my chances? putting a duckling back with mother/clutch

Going Quackers

Crowing
12 Years
May 24, 2011
On, Canada
Had a call duck hatch go wrong, managed to save the babies but sadly one died last night.. so now i am left with one. The remaining three are with the mother(who is a first timer)

This one in my house hatched Thursday. I unfortunately, have no more babies that i could put with it... my other call clutch is much older and the others are way to far off hatching.

Could i try back with the mama? or am i just past this even working... i pretty much feel i am past this working but more than happy to hear others feedback.

When did the mom clutch hatch? Muscovy moms take back ducklings if the hatch is big enough and the old saying "What's one more" applys. I've not had calls so they may be different. I've had stragglers finish hatching out with an incubator then put them in and settle right in

When did the mom clutch hatch? Muscovy moms take back ducklings if the hatch is big enough and the old saying "What's one more" applys. I've not had calls so they may be different. I've had stragglers finish hatching out with an incubator then put them in and settle right in
Wednesday.. these were two eggs that were the last to hatch(had pips) but went badly, we manged to save them but the one was never doing "all that great" and passed away last night leaving me the one.

LOL on the scovie so true much bigger clutches there~

I'd give it a try but stand by if things go south. I know alot of people say to wait till nightfall but for me I can't intervene then. Maybe if she is up and moving around the ducklings can be put in and she won't notice much

I'd give it a try but stand by if things go south. I know alot of people say to wait till nightfall but for me I can't intervene then. Maybe if she is up and moving around the ducklings can be put in and she won't notice much
Agree there, nighttime would be more difficult.. i have them in an outside raised cage right now with a puddle and some weeds lol Honestly, looks about the same size as the remaining three that are with the mother duck.

Back
Top Bottom