What are my chickens? :-)

Gosh what in the heck will obsolete with this rooster. No wonder I don't have any eggs from the roo. What do I do now? Keep him away from my hens

Sorry folks my above post I meant to say what will I do with the rooster not obsolete lol. And now that I think about it the red sex link and the yellow leg white chicken were rolling in the dirt together the other day under the coop? Why were they doing that?

Rolling in the dirt was a dirt bath or dusting, and you do not have to separate the roo from the hens unless you want too.

Red hen looks like a red sex link.

If they are together he will do all the work when the time is right, the hens will typically squat on the ground when they are ready. He may be ready before they are but they will do as chickens will do..

He may seem that he is a bit rough with them in the beginning, but will calm down as he matures and with only one roo in the flock, he will not have to hurry to get done without another roo to come knock him off.

Ok great! Thanks guys Yal are the best I'm hopeing Yal are wrong about the chicken being a roo bit time tell and ill keep Yal posted thank you all

Now the red sex link I have only got 1 egg and it was brown and that was 2 weeks ago???? What's the problem I feed layers fresh water everyday no stress that I know of. The leghorn with gray legs has everyday?

Back
Top Bottom