1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what are signs my chickens are lacking protein in there diet

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by IwannaBEaMERMAID, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IwannaBEaMERMAID

IwannaBEaMERMAID Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2009
    Beverly Hills, CA
    i don't think there lacking any [​IMG] ....they eat left overs, layer pellet, greens and what ever else they find in the grass. OH [​IMG] btw i have 2 std white cochin pullets, 1 RIR roo, and a bantam barred cochin roo. all of which i got the third week of june from ideal poultry. and should i be feeding my roos layer pellets. OH..again the reason im asking about the protein is that my cochins havent started laying yet, or could this be from the whole it being winter and i got them to late in the year.

Duplicate post here https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=278424

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2009
  2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    It could be because of winter and the amount of light we have. You can feed your roos layer pellets but if they hens are not laying yet then I wouldn't give them layer feed until they start laying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by