What are some of the LEAST aggressive breeds of roosters???

Awww, good to know there are some nice "guys" out there;) My BO cross Rudy is an absolute sweetheart! He is very protective of his hens but has never shown aggression to anyone who visits the coop.

My RI (my avatar pic) was the nicest roo ever... He was also very tame... (he died this last fall, I still miss him)

I also have a silkie, he is very laid back and not aggressive at all.

SERAMAS!!! I have NEVER had an aggressive one and they are the best dad's for little ones!! I've also never heard of anyone having an aggressive serama either...

I have a few sweet roos. Not my Silkies or Ameraucanas though. The Marans are nice birds. Polish are nice, but skiddish. They just can't see that well. I'm liking my new Fav roo. Wellies are nice and so are Penes (although a little fighty too), but my best roo ever was my American Game. They may have a problem with other roo, not always, but often, but they are great roos.

My granddaughter used to carry mine around like a stuffed animal and he never seemed to care. Matter of fact I'm looking for another one since I lost him this past summer. To top it off, they're beautiful birds.

We have a welsummer and a BR. They are both great..... we haven't had any problems at all out of either of them.... I think it has to do with space and the number of hens you have. My roosters don't even fight and they are in the same barn with all of the hens. The welsummer is my favorite though. Good luck.

I have a Maran, a RIR, a Bo and Wyandottes. I like my Maran boy and he has become wonderfully gentle with the gals. I love the Barred Rock one. The others really cannot go to freeezer camp soon enough. Mean, mean, mean. We also at one time had a Dominique. He was a gentleman but only lived for a year before his heart gave out.

I've had hatchery Buff Orpingtons and Welsummers both were fine, knew I was the boss. I currently have breeder Delawares and Black Copper Marans, both seem kind of flighty but no problem.

We have Speckled Sussex chickens. They will be a year old in May. The cockerel jumped at me one time, and I gave him the side of my foot, knocking his back about 5 feet. Then I chased him around the yard. He's been fine ever since, and that's been a while. He's the only one we've had, so I can't speak for the majority of them, but no problems for us. The Sussex is also cold hardy, and should do well in Wisconsin.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom