what are some quiet bantams

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chickenrandomness, Jun 5, 2010.

1. moved back in the cuty [​IMG] . allowed 10 chickens and roos, but to be safe, i want a quiet bantam roo, any suggestions?

2. Megs

Megs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    humm depends on the rooster i think, my japanese and cochins are fairly "quiet" as far as roos go, my d'uccle is the loudest lil bugger i have, and the polish isnt far off.

3. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    My quietest are my serama's. They are just so small that there crow is not very big and I have one that doesn't even do it that much and super friendly little boogers. [​IMG]

4. chickenman98

chickenman98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Eastern Oklahoma
    My japanese roo is pretty quiet

5. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    My old Jap was certantly Not quiet. My most quiet bantams are my Bantam plymouth rocks, however, Roosters will always crow, regardless of breed [​IMG]

6. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    my silkie had a very quiet crow but he would crow a few times every hour and we live in a area were crowing is not allowed so i had to move him to a new farm [​IMG]
    i have heard from other people that lf cochins are quiet so i would guess that bantam cochins are very quiet [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by