what are some things i can do with my ducks/ducklings that they enjoy?

Aug 12, 2023
my pekins have a bell they can play with in their pen, but i dont have much else. i want to know what i can get them that they can enjoy. same with my ducklings, they dont have any toys currently because they’re so skittish and im scared it’ll scare them, but i do want them to have something to play with. any advice?

Ducks don't really play with toys. :confused:
If you want to get them to like you more, the way to their little duckie hearts are mealworms and kiddie swimming pools.
If you get them interested in mealworms, I use bagged dried ones, they will want them so much they might come eat them from your hands if you sit really still.

If you don’t have a pond/basin/kiddie pool, that will definitely make them happy. You can throw meal worms or peas into the water for them to fish out, it’s lots of fun. Just keep in mind you’ll need to change the water frequently…

Ducks don't really play with toys. :confused:
If you want to get them to like you more, the way to their little duckie hearts are mealworms and kiddie swimming pools.
If you get them interested in mealworms, I use bagged dried ones, they will want them so much they might come eat them from your hands if you sit really still.
my pekins absolutely love worms, i always hand feed them the worms and so whenever they see me they think i can magically make their favourite treat appear for them. however my ducklings dont eat the worms ☹️ ive tried feeding them seeds too but they just dont want to eat them. i try to always hand feed all of my ducks so they can trust me more but it only seems to work with the pekins. the babiest are so skittish the most they trust me is one or two of them closing their eyes while im rubbing their heads

If you don’t have a pond/basin/kiddie pool, that will definitely make them happy. You can throw meal worms or peas into the water for them to fish out, it’s lots of fun. Just keep in mind you’ll need to change the water frequently…
i have a kiddie pool for them 😁 i throw in lettuce, worms and waterfowl treats into their water and they love it

Back
Top Bottom