What are the best feeders that you use? PLEASE post pics!!!!

chicken_angler

Coop Constructist
11 Years
Jun 23, 2008
a house
We have made numerous gutter and PVC feeders and all of them dont dispense the feed fast enough. What are your favorite feeders? Homemade is GREAT!!!! We don't want to spend a trillion dollars on designs. We just need a simple, yet efficient one. We are just ---
he.gif
right now. LOL
wee.gif

Thanks a million!!
love.gif

woot.gif

clap.gif

I use this kind of feeder and hang it just below head height to get the feed, that way they don't waste it. These cost me about $20 and have worked great. I don't feed any other way in my coop or in my brooder trailer you see here.

trailerpen003.jpg

Quote:
well I have 11 chicken in one coop and 20 pullets in the second coop I have 2 feedrs like this one in the 11 chickens coop and it works perfect,plus it does cost nothing so you can make few of them.

Omran.

I like your idea Omran and I've been trying to figure out how to make one that would stockpile the feed inside of it since I saw you post it. What I like about the ones I bought is that I can fill it and not worry about it for several days at a time.

I got an idea! What if you put two slats inside that were just a little shorter so that the middle of it would hold more food? I might try that and see how it turns out.

Quote:
That's exactly what we use - for 23 chickens. We slit the sides of a plastic bucket lid to fit over the top so they don't perch and poop in it. It works great. We have 23 chickens and I rarely have to fill it. They do free range though.

Penny

Back
Top Bottom