What are these packing peanuts ?

Yeah, my guess would be Barred Rocks as well...

You will love your Saipans, though! They get a lot of crap on here sometimes, but don't listen!
lol.png
I believe it's all in how you raise them. You could handle our Saipan rooster if needed, though he was a great flock leader/protector and even treated our Silkie roo with respect. The only thing I got on to him about was his crowing...he'd [try ever so hard to] wake us up every morning around 3 or 4.
roll.png
I haven't had any from Ideal, though, just a local breeder.

Saipans are one of my favorite breeds. I don't know if you've had them before, but here are how ours turned out:

Edward:
edward2.jpg

Edward, Roslen, and the girls:
all-1.jpg

The girls in the snow:
comingout.jpg

Those are some cute little fluff-balls you have, I just love 'em.
love.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Aw, thanks Claude! He's a great boy, too. You should see him protect his little flock. Once in a while one of our dogs will herd them into the coop at night (just for fun, they usually go in by themselves), and there's Edward turning around and chasing the dog into the house. Ever since that one day when Edward caught a little bit of her tail, she hasn't dared to pick on them.
lol.png

Ideal sent me a e-mail today (quiet nice of them I think) informing me that the cockerels were barred rocks,so now to find a home for 8 barred rock roos.
roll.png

Good luck! Although I'd think more people would want BRs...I myself love them, I think they're beautiful birds. I wouldn't want 8 BR roos running all over the place though.

I just got rid of my 10 RIR packing peanuts. That wasn't fun.
roll.png
It took almost 2 1/2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom