What are these two?

NinjiChicki

Songster
8 Years
Sep 26, 2014
Ocean Springs, MS
April 27 and 28th we got two shipments of chicks in. One from McMurray and one from Meyer's. They both sent an extra and I'm not 100% on what they are.

I had to triple check this one to make sure it was the same chick.. Leg color change? First guess was Speckled Sussex.. Now I'm not so sure. -- McMurray chick.

As you can see in the first picture, they have the same leg colors then and they still do now.. Looked exactly alike when we got them in.. However I know the one on the right is a Dominique..

The other maybe a Barred Rock or Cuckoo Maran? -- Meyers ladies..

Edit: Including better pictures of the faces of the two in question.

Last edited:
1st chick is an Easter Egger (they label them as Ameraucanas, but they aren't pure)... your 2nd could be an extra Dominique... just a guess on the second, but the first has beard and muffs as chick and green legs are classic EE... :)

The first chick isn't an Easter Egger. Easter eggers have green legs as chicks and are also bearded and muffed. I agree it could be a Welsummer or some type of Brown leghorn

April 27 and 28th we got two shipments of chicks in. One from McMurray and one from Meyer's. They both sent an extra and I'm not 100% on what they are.

I had to triple check this one to make sure it was the same chick.. Leg color change? First guess was Speckled Sussex.. Now I'm not so sure. -- McMurray chick.
I got one like yours from McMurray. I'm thinking it's a Phoenix.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom