What are they? Please help me.

Eleanore

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 28, 2009
Hi all! Been waiting for my chicks to mature a bit before asking if you can help identify any of them for me.
I have four of the light grey/blue that you will see, several beautiful red/grey that believe are Wyandottes, and several others that I haven't a clue.
Sorry for the photo quality, I have Essential Tremor and shake terribly at times, of course today was one of those days!!
Any help you can give identifying would be great!!
Thank you sooooo much!
smile.png

Photo #1
29623_p1000784.jpg

Phote #2
29623_p1000787.jpg

Photo #3
29623_p1000795.jpg

Where did you order/ purchase them? Are they all bantams? How old are they? Do you need help with genders too?

I agree that the blue- red birds are Wyandottes. They look like Blue-Laced Red Wyandotte bantams.
I'm going to guess the blue-grays are Self Blue OEB's
The white one could be either a Bantam White Leghorn or a White OEB.

They are beautiful, sweet-looking birds!
smile.png

Hi there-I'm new to this too but the ones closest to the camera in the first pic look like orpingtons..not sure of the color.

The birds are from Hoffman Hatchery, a small hatchery in PA. They are an assorted bantam mix, they are six weeks old. Not really worried about gender, there are 16 chicks, and I know there are at least 6-8 hens!
celebrate.gif

Thanks for your help thus far.

I'm going to guess from the breeds listed on Hoffman Hatchery:

The Red/blue bantams are White-Laced Red Cornish bantams (I didn't see that they sold Wyandotte bantams).
The Black chick in the second picture is a Black Japanese (if s/he has single comb) or a Black Rosecomb (if s/he has rose comb) bantam.
The white chick is a White Japanese bantam.
The penciled/barred chick in the middle of the third picture is a Golden or Silver Duckwing. (We have a Duckwing mix roo that we raised from a chick and he had that same penciling/barring)
The black/brown chick in the first picture is a Dark Cornish bantam.
The self-blues look like OEB's but Hoffman doesn't have that specific breed on their list.
The chick in the second photo facing straight could be a Japanese bantam.

What type of comb does the pullet in the front left in the first picture have?

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help you. I hope I've helped you some!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom