What are things that can entertain a baby chicken

Nugget and Albert

In the Brooder
Mar 31, 2020
image.jpg

Definitely add a mirror. I also like to give them worms when they're a little bigger. I sometimes pull a bit of fresh grass from the lawn to let them investigate it. I have two twigs attached to the sides of the brooder to give them something to fly up to when their wing feathers come in. A small block of wood also would give them something to get up on. They love to get up on things you know! ;)

No she is with other chicken but she is in a big glass fish tank in side the box with all the Nother chicken just separated because one chicken is mean to her so she can still see the nother chickens I think it’s because that breed is very small

They love live mealworms and crickets (make sure the bugs can't escape into the house!), and anything bright colored to peck at. I also put a little box (a small litter box) with sand in it for them to peck and scratch in.

Live meal worms are great. Make so chick has things to jump up on and places to dust bath. It is good for chick to be able to move to and away from heat sources. For giggles and other reasons I like to train the hand-raised chicks. A pair of hen-raised chicks I have already started training with help of their mother.

Back
Top Bottom