What are we?

SunAngel

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Chambersburg, Pa.
My guess for these two is Blue Swedish. Am I right this time? I don't want to spend 6 months calling them the wrong thing like I did with my first ducks
smile.png

Pic_03Oct162008.jpg

Any guess on their age and sex? With my limited experience they seem like a pair to me. They are a bit bigger than my Black Swedish pair, but neither of them have a drake feather yet that I could see.

Thanks for looking!

Just because I love my duckies...heres a pic of the group hanging out together! My female Black Swedish loves perching on that bucket...that is her spot.

Pic_01Oct162008.jpg

Last edited:
I have 8 ducks- 4 pairs (I think)....

2 Black Swedish
1 Magpie (black & white) & 1 Muscovy (white w/ red on the face)
1 Mini Appleyard (spotted/brown) & 1 Snowy Call
and
2 Blue Swedish (?)

idunno.gif
Duh, I don't know why I didn't think of that lol Major blonde moment I guess!

Why is it when you get a new chick/chicken or duck, it feels like you are starting all over and enter dumbville?
hu.gif
Or is it just me?

Look like Blue Swedish to me.
smile.png

Hens have the louder quack while drakes have more of a "whisper" to them. I've also noticed that all of our drakes have a green tinge to their beaks, but others say that is not 100% accurate for every duck.

Beautiful ducks by the way! Could I maybe duck nap the magpie?
wink.png

Nope nope can't steal the Magpie lol It was given to us by another BYC'er. Him and the Muscovy were getting picked on where they lived, so they found a new home with us. First time I had seen a Magpie.

We got the Blues at the auction. They carried them in and I was like Ooh Ooh I want those!! When the time came, I bid them up to $5 each and then shook my head no, figuring the other person bidding was just running me up. Turned to talk to DD and DH leans over and tells me I better write down the price of the ducks I just bought. I said, What, I quit bidding! He says, Yeah, but I didn't. When I shook my head no, he shook his head yes and bid again. And ended up winning. I was shocked, but happy. They are sweet ducks and I think we got a good deal for $5.25 each.

Well I just went out and picked them both up and I still don't know lol. They both seemed to quack when I first picked them up, then were quiet the rest of the time I held them.

Last edited:
when u first pick them up they should make a Loud prominant Quack if female or a horse sounding one that is alot quieter and that would be a male

Why did u stop at 5 ? I keep bidding until every one else stops . Thats way i never leave without every thing i wanted
big_smile.png

I am a cheapy lol And hubby had already spent around $30 plus what I got (a hen and some peeps....ducks are close to last).

Usually if its something I really want, someone always runs me up on it. Then I end up with an old hen or a roo I dont want for $10 or $15 lol. I shouldn't have stopped so cheap on them tho, now that I think about it. $5 for a big duck is a good price. I am lucky he was in a sweet mood and got them for me!

I think they both made a loud deep quack and then went silent. So maybe I got 2 females, which would be ok. Don't want 2 boys though.

Back
Top Bottom