What are white egg layors like?

FortWorthChicks

Songster
10 Years
Nov 21, 2009
Fort Worth
There is an old german saying it translates to, The eye eats too.

I have no love for white eggs, I like my shells to be a different color. I really get a kick out of the dark brown eggs and the light brown and the freckled ones really excite me.
idunno.gif
I know I may be crazy but being crazy is pretty fun mostly.

So my way of researching breeds is to start at the egg color. If I like the color I will look further into the breed and see if it would fit my needs. I like friendly chickens. I am not a fan edith my crazy hen who runs off and flaps her wings like an idiot anytime I am around. Soon enough that darn pullet will end up in a pot! j/k

Sorry to meander around but I got an email from someone yesterday who wanted advise on getting a couple of white egg laying chickens for their backyard.

I busted out my catalog and found the white egg layors section and listed the choices in an email. My intenetions were to also include which I would think are more friendly because it sounded like they were going to be pets/breakfast makers. I had no clue if any of these breeds are friendly at all.

So does anyone have white egg layors? What are they like?

Last edited:
Generally speaking all of the white egg layers I am familiar with are not friendly, outgoing birds. By and large they'll outlay most brown egg breeds, but if you want friendly they are not for you.

.....Alan.

A.T. Hagan :

Generally speaking all of the white egg layers I am familiar with are not friendly, outgoing birds. By and large they'll outlay most brown egg breeds, but if you want friendly they are not for you.

.....Alan.

Ditto, same with my experience. Thus, the only white layers I have are Polish. (if it is on this farm, it has to be different. . ) And, against what most people say about the breed - They're pretty good layers and veeerrry friendly.
smile.png

We had to have a few white egg layers because of the wife so leghorns was or choice. As far as being friendly hav'nt had any issues with that they seem to have a great personalty. The only thing i noticed is that Mr Racoon prefers them 1st , He and three of his relatives have been relocated though!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom