What are your coop names?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by misidawnrn, Sep 16, 2011.

1. chickenology

chickenology Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2010
    Ohio
    Egg McMansion. Our largest dual coop we built on our own to save money. (didn't work out that way, hence the name) [​IMG]
    House of Guinea. Which sits abandoned due to guinea preference for half of the Egg McMansion.

2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Chickadoodle's Bed and Breakfast

3. VAgal

VAgal Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    We're going with Fowlty Towers with movable letters (big PBS fans). Expecting chicks on Thursday, mine will be Polly.

4. IttyBiddy

IttyBiddy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    Leakey Texas
    I'm gonna call it the "Gurlee Coop", since we have hens...No Roos![​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  5. LiLRedCV

LiLRedCV Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Land of the Rain
    Quote:We're big PBS fans too! [​IMG] But I'm confused about the last... what will be "Polly"??? LOL That's MY name! (and, yes, I'm pretty sure I've heard it all in my lifetime!! [​IMG])

6. LiLRedCV

LiLRedCV Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Land of the Rain
    Quote:I like Sunny Yolk Inn. Especially since it is painted yellow. That gets my vote! [​IMG]

Thanks! [​IMG]

But I also have some Iowa Blue chickens (with a Blue roo named "Bleu") and would like to incorporate that somehow. We live pretty close to some protected marshy wet lands in the upper NW. I could call it Bleu Bayou Inn. It also makes me think of Linda Ronstadt's song "Blue Bayou". [​IMG]

7. In His Service

In His Service Wise Men Still Seek Him

Apr 25, 2010
    Catskills
    We have several coops...one made from the kids' wooden playset, the coop is above the old sandbox, it is The High Rise Coop. Two are made from 4x4x8 shipping boxes, one is painted aqua blue, and the doors and windows were cut with a reciprocating saw by me, and are not too straight as my arms got tired, so I call it the Seuss coop. It reminds me of some of the wacky drawing in the Dr Seuss books. The other one is painted brown and we have yet to come up with anything more original than The Brown Coop. I made 2 small coops from pallets: one for my Sebrights and the other for the Silkies and I call them The Banty Shanties. When I get my grow out coop/run finished, I will probably call it something like "Juvey Hall" it will mainly be for the boys awaiting placement in Camp Kenmore.

8. bertman

bertman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    My DW refers to ours as 'The Poultry Palace' but I call it Fort Knox.

9. navychick

navychick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
  10. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    I think I'm going to call my big coop the Chicken McMansion even though someone on BYC has already taken that one... Sorry, I'm a big copycat [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by