oldhenlikesdogs

Hope Springs Eternal
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jul 16, 2015
Wisconsin
Just like the title says, what's your favorite breeds and why. Mine are....

1. Buff Orpingtons, because they are beautiful and good all around birds, and are decent egg producers long into their lives.

2. Barnevelder, because they are quiet gentle birds with beautiful plumage, and they lay dark brown eggs.

3. Easter eggers because they are all different and those blue green eggs. They are the toy surprise of chicken breeds.

4. Wyandotte because they come in a range of colors, and I love that lacing.

5. Bantam cochins because they are gentle puff balls that also come in a range of colors as well as frizzle. Plus the roosters are feisty silly boys.

So what's your favorite breeds? :pop

1) Leghorns of all varieties. great consistent producers of white eggs and to my eye the most beautiful conformation of any chickens.

2) American gamefowl - great foragers, mothers and extremely predator resistant.

3) RIR - because as a kid I had a rooster, Big Red, who hated everyone but me. :p

4) Silkies - greatest broody ever created - even a notch above Cochins.

5) Barnevelders - spectacularly feathered and hardy.

1) Leghorns of all varieties. great consistent producers of white eggs and to my eye the most beautiful conformation of any chickens.

2) American gamefowl - great foragers, mothers and extremely predator resistant.

3) RIR - because as a kid I had a rooster, Big Red, who hated everyone but me. :p

4) Silkies - greatest broody ever created - even a notch above Cochins.

5) Barnevelders - spectacularly feathered and hardy.
Nice breeds. :)

1. D’uccles- Beautiful in any variety
2. Mixes- you never know what you’re going to get
3.Phoenix- beautiful feathers
4. Plymouth Rock- my all time favorite was and it makes me think of her
5. Modern Game- Rhodes birds got serious leg game
Lots of eye candy, and long legs. :)

Well I guess this will have to be a partial list of my favorite breeds because I have so many favorite breeds. :p
1. Araucanas & Ameraucanas-I just fell in love with them the first time I laid eyes on them and those blue eggs.
2. Brahmas-They’re fluffy gentle giants.
3. Sebright-need I say more?
4. Phoenix-I just love that sweeping tail on the cocks that makes them look so regal.
5. Leghorns-Hands down my favorite laying breed. So dependable and lovely birds.

I only have 4 breeds I like the most (but have at least 5 or more I want to try :D). Here's my short list:

1. Speckled Sussex - good egg layers, pretty, friendly
2. Welsummer - friendly and it's fun to see how each brown egg is differently speckled
3. Easter Eggers - Cracker Jack birds! You don't know what their eggs will be like until they start laying.
4. RIR's - the ones I've had have been very personable, great layers, attractive

Back
Top Bottom