What are your pet peeves?

My two main ones

1. Articles that constantly use female pronouns as the default gender.

2. Motorcycles with loud pipes.

Heading for bed and will think of a few others tomorrow

Quote:
OOh smudged glasses!! Drives me nuts too... or crooked glasses..
barnie.gif

most articles I read use the male pronoun, I have never actually read any with female

stopping next to a bus at a traffic light and your passengers refusing to wind up the window while you are trying to listen to the radio

Quote:
barnie.gif

if my glasses get even a little smudged in an area in veiw, i go bizerk until they're unsmudged
lol.png

thanks to my brother, i have to live with crooked glasses
hmm.png
he denies it everytime but i clearly remember him hitting my face lightly when we were joking around and that bent them. he says he didn't touch them but they were straight one second and bent the next

Quote:
barnie.gif

if my glasses get even a little smudged in an area in veiw, i go bizerk until they're unsmudged
lol.png

hmm.png
he denies it everytime but i clearly remember him hitting my face lightly when we were joking around and that bent them. he says he didn't touch them but they were straight one second and bent the next

I'm the same way! And then i'll try to clean them and they get MORE smudged cause i'm using my shirt to clean them.... Gah!
I need to invest in contacts... but then, i'm sure i'd have issues with them too...
lol.png

Know-it-alls.
Bad grammar, even in song lyrics.
Cabinet doors being left open.
Having to repeat myself.
People who constantly "diddle" their phones when in the company of real live humans.
I'm sure there are more but I'm starting to feel like a debbie downer.

I agree with the one about the phones

my phone is reserved for emergencies
or when I am alone

I am starting to get a little short sighted
but it is not enough to need glasses yet, I will probably get some later

Quote:
lol.png

hmm.png

I'm the same way! And then i'll try to clean them and they get MORE smudged cause i'm using my shirt to clean them.... Gah!
I need to invest in contacts... but then, i'm sure i'd have issues with them too...
lol.png

you said it! my grandmother gave me glasses cleaner (its just a bitmof soft cloth) and it works much better than my shirt! i've been tellin' my folks about getting contacts, but i'd probably have issues to
lol.png

Can't think of any off the top of my head. There are things that upset me greatly (manipulators, controlling people, upper management....), but no real peeves. Oh wait, misspelling words on purpose for business names to make them cutesy or stand out. Ie. "Hawt Dawg Shack". "Cutiez", things of that nature. Oh yes "z" instead of an "s", you make me rage.

Back
Top Bottom