What are your thoughts on Greenfire Farms?

That’s likely - I ordered and paid for 6, they sent me 9. Common for hatcheries to add extras as insurance but I was thinking 1 extra...it was a 50% increase! Quite the gift, really.
The moratorium on shipping live animals (via USPS due to the global pandemic) had just lifted and I assume that they had extra chicks to get rid of - lucky me!

That’s an expensive oversight in their part! It sure would behoove them to answer your calls/emails - you’re just trying to pay them! Geez - nothing like that in my experience. Good on you for trying to do the right thing.
Haha they sent me 8 extra indio gigantes listed on the invoice for free! Also communication was good for me as well.

That’s likely - I ordered and paid for 6, they sent me 9. Common for hatcheries to add extras as insurance but I was thinking 1 extra...it was a 50% increase! Quite the gift, really.
nope. I ordered 2 death layers @ 99.99 each. they only charged me for the cream legbarr chicks.

they gave me 2 free leg barr chicks which was on the invoice. they never charged me for the death layers.

I wouldn't spend the money Greenfire charges, but I do appreciate that they've imported some very rare breeds for preservation. If I was rich, I'd probably order some of them. On the flip side of the coin, I feel like all these new breeds, and the legion of hybrids created by other hatcheries, are crowding out our established breeds, which are becoming rarer and rarer. That is a great shame.

What I find interesting is how many of these breeds turn up on Craigslist. Greenfire seems to inspire get rich quick types of people, but I really doubt they are getting the prices they want to charge for what are, after all, just chickens.

So I guess I see both good and bad in Greenfire. That's usually how life goes.

I wouldn't spend the money Greenfire charges, but I do appreciate that they've imported some very rare breeds for preservation. If I was rich, I'd probably order some of them. On the flip side of the coin, I feel like all these new breeds, and the legion of hybrids created by other hatcheries, are crowding out our established breeds, which are becoming rarer and rarer. That is a great shame.

What I find interesting is how many of these breeds turn up on Craigslist. Greenfire seems to inspire get rich quick types of people, but I really doubt they are getting the prices they want to charge for what are, after all, just chickens.

So I guess I see both good and bad in Greenfire. That's usually how life goes.
I bought from there in hopes of making my chicks worth something and to bring nice birds, at a reasonable price to the area. I'm frankly sick of people freaking out that I charge 3 dollars for a chick.

Back
Top Bottom