What bait for possum?

CozyDia

Chirping
May 4, 2022
SE Texas
Unfortunately, had a case where one of my baby chicks was killed by a possum a few hours ago. I already purchased a trapping cage of adequate size, but I'm unsure on what to use for bait. I also want to know what I can use to poison it. I don't intend to release it alive.

Unfortunately, had a case where one of my baby chicks was killed by a possum a few hours ago. I already purchased a trapping cage of adequate size, but I'm unsure on what to use for bait. I also want to know what I can use to poison it. I don't intend to release it alive.
you may want to check your security and ensure your enclosures are predator proof. If a possum can get to your chicks, I guarantee that many other animal can. Killing one predator will achieve nothing but revenge, which isnt a concept animals are familiar with. Prevention is a better fix in my opinion.

I wouldn't recommend antifreeze as it is indiscriminate and kidney shutdown seems like a rough way to kick it. Bait your trap with sardines, cat food, etc. and the possums will show up. Coons also like those baits as a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom