WHAT BATOR FOR ME HELP

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rode Island Red 2008, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Rode Island Red 2008

Rode Island Red 2008 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2008
    I dont know what bator i should get i look at the little giant and hova bator, I am looking for a bator that can hold at least 10-20 eggs. With a auto egg turner. I have a home made 1 but cant hold that many and egg turning is a B^#@!!! With my busy life so plz plz plz help me out [​IMG] p.s. I have 7 eggs in my home made batorl like miss prissys day 3 will be tomarrow morin 6:43 AM

2. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I think most people like the Hovabator 1588 w/ turner

Personally I prefer the Silkie hen incubation method [​IMG] Good luck with your hatch!

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Oh, someone just posted a piece they found on an experiment between the LG and hovabator!!

The main difference is the heat setting. It is a lot easier by my understanding to adjust the temp in the hovabator. I have an LG, and it is very touchy! I love it though, it just takes a little getting used to. Either one would work, really it depends on availability and cost. Say, if your local feed store carries the LG for $45, and the only place you can get a hova is online for $45 plus shipping, I would get the cheaper one. There really isn't that much difference, imo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by