What breed am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CARS, Dec 26, 2009.

1. CARS

CARS Chillin' With My Peeps

First time using this section. I'm not sure if I am suppose to do this, but I am just going to post a couple breeds that are in question.

The first is our roaming rooster. He's a freebie from someone who was going to just dump him if I didn't take him.

[​IMG]

The next one is Uno, the one winged wonder. He broke his wing early in life and eventually it was pulled off (for lack of a better word). He watches over our silkies, and the silkies don't pick on him like the others did. He was part of the Mc Murry Rarest of the Rare assortment.

[​IMG]

And finally, part of the Rare assortment, is what I thought to be Cochins, but after looking at a few different "Cochins" in a thread, I am unsure. Tell me what you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And in the last picture, for extra credit. Can you identify the other birds? I'm not too concerned about them. They are just fun to work with [​IMG]

2. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    I see a golden campine full size blue cochin white silkies fayomi (i think thata how you spell it ) and a game bird of some kind. Look those breeds up and you can learn abput them :) Mark

3. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    The rooster in the first picture is a mix - probably has some game in him.

the second looks to be a campine rooster to me.

The third/rest is a hatchery quality splash cochin rooster. Also in those pics (background) i can see a blue cochin, what looks to be a silver penciled rock, perhaps a black copper marans or black sex link female, a egyptian fayumi (sp?), a black australorp or giant, maybe a poor quality welsummer, and a very poor blue laced red wyandotte(splash).

Its a bit hard to tell, though. Hope that helps.

4. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Your rooster is game, maybe a cross between games, or has a little bit of non game blood in him, but I would consider him a game none-the-less. Do you know if he has a pea comb, or if he has been dubbed (comb cut)? That should help narrow down the breeds. His color B.B Red (Black Breasted Red) is pretty common, so that isn't going to be much help in locating his breed.

As for the other chickens, I have to agree with the above statements.

5. that_crazy_lady

that_crazy_lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Rose, OK
    I would guess that you rooster is a wyandotte game mix you can look at the breed threds to see a lot of full blood pics here https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=106767 and here https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=279470

I
    can tell you that the red color on the shoulder of the cochin roo is call leaking red, and it messes up the blue color if you are breeding for blues, but it make neat looking pets. and your silkies look cool, like they all got hair cuts [​IMG]

6. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    The first is our roaming rooster. He's a freebie from someone who was going to just dump him if I didn't take him.

That really makes me think that it is full game. Some type of hatch or hatch cross. It looks like he was clipped. Due to the no fighting laws previous game cock owners have quite breeding these beautiful birds. I don't have the heart to dispatch my game cocks just because others don't approve of how awesome they really are. They truly would make you wonder why they call them chickens. People that don't care give them a bad reputation. The others I have not ever owned any like that I have only had a few poultry breeds so far. Good luck on finding out. Beautiful birds.​

7. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    I think the first roo might have some Sumatra in him. Look at overall shape and tail carriage.

8. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Quote:almost all games have that type I'd say maybe a brown red sweater? he is definatley a cross because he does not have a single comb, most games of that body style have single combs so I think sweater cross

9. jelmer

jelmer Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2009
    uno is definatly a golden campine

10. CARS

CARS Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks everyone.

I really need to take a new picture of Uno. That one is about 6 months old, he and the silkies have grown up alot and have turned into beautiful birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by