What Breed And Gender Is My Chicken?

I agree that he doesn't look well and if he stopped growing at 2.5 months that also indicates there is sadly something amiss with him. Pulling the head in often means they are unwell and that stance just makes him look sick to me too.
What is it that makes you so confident that he is healthy?
I too would recommend getting some poultry vitamin supplement into him. What does his poop look like?
Normally I would agree, but it is winter, unless you're in the Southern Hemisphere.
Most my birds keep that tucked in neck till it gets over 40°, then every thing goes back to chicken normal.
:thumbsup

Normally I would agree, but it is winter, unless you're in the Southern Hemisphere.
Most my birds keep that tucked in neck till it gets over 40°, then every thing goes back to chicken normal.
:thumbsup
It's not the tucked head. Mine do that. it's the messy feathers, and the downward pointing tail and... his whole stance just bothers me. And he looks weirdly disproportionate. I raise bantams. I've seen Ameraucana bantams. The bantam size is not the thing ringing alarm bells. I didn't even notice the cinder block when I made that comment, and I had no other size comparison.

Thanks guys. I don't think he has any issues, he acts normal, his poop is not liquid, it's brown and white like all the other chickens. He also has two females just like him but much smaller and they also stop growing at 2.5 months old and they are all EE bantams.

Screenshot 2019-02-01 at 7.45.12 AM.png
Screenshot 2019-02-01 at 7.44.35 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom