What breed and gender is my new baby goose!?

FarmGirl9494

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 20, 2013
WARNING. GRAPHIC PICTURES. MAY OFFEND.

I have a little goose that just hatched. It's sibling died 3 days before hatching and it is the only one like this now. The other 5 are still hatching but they are not the same! So I will ask for help on those too when they hatch in a few hours.
I think it's an embeden but I am not sure. And ik you can tell by coloration sometimes and was wondering if you can tell the sex of this little sweetie. I will post some pics of the eggtopsie and of my new hatchling.

Last edited:
This little one had dark on the stomach, and it's dark on the head was like a mallard duck, dark head to halfway down the neck, then white till the back. The one above's belly is completely white (yellow) and it's head has more colour on top, not really halfway down the neck like the one below.

This little one had dark on the stomach, and it's dark on the head was like a mallard duck, dark head to halfway down the neck, then white till the back. The one above's belly is completely white (yellow) and it's head has more colour on top, not really halfway down the neck like the one below.

Looks like it hatched too early or is it already gone?

It died before it even internally pipped so ya it was already gone! I would have wrapped paper towel around it to keep it moist and in the shell if it was too early and assist hatched it! But I cracked it open to see what had happened and what kind of goose it was once I found it not moving anymore.

I would be so happy if it is a girl. I will vent sex them all tmr because I never like to do it within the first 24 hours after hatching. But I have 6 total now. The one that made it above and 5 I have no clues/cross breeds? Lol. But yeah I heard that you can tell by coloration but I didn't know how to and if it is an embeden in the first place. Thank you miss Lydia

I would be so happy if it is a girl. I will vent sex them all tmr because I never like to do it within the first 24 hours after hatching. But I have 6 total now. The one that made it above and 5 I have no clues/cross breeds? Lol. But yeah I heard that you can tell by coloration but I didn't know how to and if it is an embeden in the first place. Thank you miss Lydia
Be sure to post pics of them we love to see babies.. and Congrats!! It could be crosses but sure looks to be Embden.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom