What breed and gender is this???

Ty
I do see a lot of blue in the feathers in this last pic. I am thinking it is a mix still. The yellow feet say not an Australorp.
Did it ever have a white feather in the wingtip? Australorp have a white feather in the wing that they shed around 12 to 16 weeks.
The yellow feet could be an indication of Jersey Giant for sure.
I could be wrong but I think Black Orpington have light gray legs with kind of a white/light pink bottom.
The body shape as they mature will help determine if they are Orpingtons at all.

Even if they are mixes they can be super great chickens for you. If you paid a lot of money for them expecting them to be something different than they are you can try to talk to the seller to try to come to some sort of settlement.

I personally think they are neat looking and would not try to return them.

Ty for your input I appreciate that. I won't be returning them and I paid $3 CDN for them so no biggie. They are different looking for sure. Can't wait to see what I end up with. Has to be a cross for sure if it's so hard to tell.
1f44c-1f3fb.png

I will see if I can contact her to get more info She wasn't very friendly or helpful at all.

Ty
Ty for your input I appreciate that. I won't be returning them and I paid $3 CDN for them so no biggie. They are different looking for sure. Can't wait to see what I end up with. Has to be a cross for sure if it's so hard to tell.
1f44c-1f3fb.png

I will see if I can contact her to get more info She wasn't very friendly or helpful at all.

Yeah, it is frustrating when breeders don't care enough about their animals or customers. However, your birds are very pretty and worth it!
thumbsup.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7024519/width/200/height/400[/IMG
I am wondering about the white chickens in this picture. The other bird is a Phoenix and I believe it is a cockeral. When I bought them the folks didn't know what the white one was and classed it as a white leg horns despite the blue legs and lobes. Upon further inspection it has a slight brown smudging of brown on both wings. I suspect it is a Phoenix pullet. What you you all think?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7024519/width/200/height/400[/IMG I am wondering about the white chickens in this picture. The other bird is a Phoenix and I believe it is a cockeral. When I bought them the folks didn't know what the white one was and classed it as a white leg horns despite the blue legs and lobes. Upon further inspection it has a slight brown smudging of brown on both wings. I suspect it is a Phoenix pullet. What you you all think?[/QUOTE]

The link doesn't seem to be working.

Top pic is a BSL pullet. I have 4 of them. I bred them from a BO roo X BR hen. They will get more golden color as they grow. Mine are now 8 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom