What breed and gender is this???

Any idea what kind of chicken this is. I think it's a roo about 12 weeks old. Hatched out of a cream medium egg. He was mostly yellow with a little grey as a chick.

most certainly a roo, most certainly a mix. don't think I would care to guess but does appear to have barred rock. the barring could be from other species but with the yellow legs too, I feel pretty good on that one.

Can someone please help me identify this hen. I bought hatching eggs from a breeder & she threw in a couple extra that weren't marked. At that particular hatch I had SFH, Iclandic & BLRW eggs in one incubator with the breeds separated with partitions. Only problem was a couple were very frisky & kept jumping over the partitions before the rest of the eggs hatched. Due to lots going on at the time (2 other Bator's going with eggs hatching) I inadvertently didn't recall from what egg it hatch from. I sent the breeder a picture, but she wasn't sure. I'm thinking Icelandic because of a similar picture of a hen I saw on someone's Icelandic site. Hopefully someone can help me out. I don't have a very good picture of her, she is very camera shy. I was able to catch her on the roost this afternoon , but the lighting isn't the greatest.

HI,
Someone dumped a couple of chickens outside our fence line, My options were limited. Although outside the perimeter fence, they were staying inside the electric fence boundary so I couldn't let my dogs out. Also, if I left the chickens in the woods, they wouldn't last long as we have wild predators in the area. We were able to catch one while it was roosting and put it inside our perimeter fence and the other flew in while I was trying to catch it.

I've kept our chickens in the coop and let the two new ones free range in the yard (my attempt at quarantine).

While I try to figure out how to deal with this situation for four weeks of quarantine (my chickens free range every day), I'd like to figure out their breed, gender, and approximate age. I assume they are both roosters since they were dumped and they are communicating quite a bit with our rooster. I also think they are bantams. The white one, may be a bantam leghorn rooster, the other, I don't know.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

First does look like a Leghorn. Second is a mix. I can't see the Leghorn's legs, but looking at the lack of spur development on the mix I can say they are still young. Definitely less than a year old, probably around 6 months.

Its a hen, she lays & its 2 pictures of her. She is puffed up because she is on the roost, but thank
1f60a.png

I was talking about the 2 pics at the top of this post. They are cockerels and I'm pretty sure neither are laying. lol.

Its a hen, she lays & its 2 pictures of her. She is puffed up because she is on the roost, but thank
1f60a.png

I was talking about the 2 pics at the top of this post. They are cockerels and I'm pretty sure neither are laying. lol.
Oh sorry showinbirds, thought you were talking to me because the post was under mine lol.

Back
Top Bottom