What breed and genders?

Froggie818

In the Brooder
Sep 15, 2019
Can you please tell me the breed of these chickens and what genders they are? I’m thinking male (no water container) and female (water container)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    658 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 16
Thank you! They both have a feather or two on their feet. Why does the one have a more developed comb than the other? That’s why I thought different sexes.

Thank you! They both have a feather or two on their feet. Why does the one have a more developed comb than the other? That’s why I thought different sexes.
Definitely pullets (girls/hens). Some mature differently, and females have combs/wattles that differ between age/breed/gender/genetics.
My first guess (like the other commenter) would be Australorp. Looks like mine. But the feathered feet... Maybe mixed breed?

How old?
I have a black langshan hen and her chicks, langshan-marans mixed pullets. They are dark, feathered feet, upright tails( makes them look u-shaped), green sheen to feathers. They also developed their wattles early. They don't have much comb so far at 15 weeks. The full langshan mom developed her comb and wattles early.

Back
Top Bottom