What breed are my chicks?

Chickboy1234

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2022
I got these two chicks from a seller, for fun, when they were only a day or two old. I have no idea what breed they are though. They are currently 3 weeks old. They have greenish, brownish eyes, and love to run around and follow people. They are quit energetic. They don’t eat excessively, and love escaping from their brooder. I really hope they aren’t meat chickens, because I grew to love them, and hope for them to live long, healthy lives. Does anyone know what breed they are? Maybe a mix?
69E78E04-8F1F-4434-A529-0E254F533DC3.jpeg

31C8B0F0-B21B-4969-A1E0-DB5A40DE5FC7.jpeg

B2ABAB0D-0DE1-4DA8-B57F-BEACDA07A828.jpeg

Most baby chicks have greenish blueish eyes, they'll grow out of it. It's too early to tell breed or gender. They really should be kept warm unless it's 85-90 all the time where you are. What are you feeding them? Their crops looks excessively large.

Most baby chicks have greenish blueish eyes, they'll grow out of it. It's too early to tell breed or gender. They really should be kept warm unless it's 85-90 all the time where you are. What are you feeding them? Their crops looks excessively large.
Thanks for the advice! I’m actually spending summer in a middle eastern country. It is 90-95 most of the time, so I let them out in a safe area sometimes (with supervision). Also, these photos were taken right after I gave them watermelon, with they absolutely love. I have only given it to them 2 times. Otherwise, they eat chicken/chick food from a local pet store.

Back
Top Bottom