What Breed Are My Hens?

easyjet23

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 9, 2011
Nowata, OK
The lighter yellow hen has some barring throughout, and the darker one is more reddish with black tips on her tail. The black hens look like my sumatra rooster but are larger than him. They have black legs, and face and very small combs. One of the black hens has yellowish legs and brown/red feathers below her beak. I bought all the hens together at an auction, and the rooster was a totally separate buy. Any info will help. Thanks!

Last edited:

ninjascrub69

Songster
9 Years
Aug 13, 2010
Bloomingdale, MI
Maybe mutts, it looks like a few of them are buff barred (i think thats what it's called, im a little rusty on my chicken facts atm)

Edit: The black ones may be black sexlinks

Last edited:

pdsavage

Sussex Monarch
11 Years
Mar 27, 2008
NW,Missouri
The buff colored ones seam to have whitish/pinkish legs.Could be buff orpinton/barred rock in there some where.

acw123

Songster
8 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Charlottesville
Quote:Not so sure about them being Australorps as all mine have black legs with either white or yellowish underneath of the foot.

SeasideSilkies

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
I'm not an expert but maybe the buff barred one is a lemon cuckoo orpington? she looks like she could be an orpington and a lady I knew had some lemon cuckoos, they were buff with barring like yours.

Top Bottom